STEP BY STEP CHEMEX BREWING
1) Heat filtered water to 204-207*
2) Dose 30 grams of coffee ground medium coarse and 470 grams of filtered water**
3) Thoroughly rinse filter
4) Pour coffee grounds into center of filter and shake to even the bed
5) Tare scale and start timer upon first pour of water
6) Pour in between 60-70 grams (2 to 2.5 x your coffee dose) within the first 10 seconds
7) During this coffee bloom stage, gently stir bed
8) At 30 seconds, begin pouring water into the center working your way to the outer layer in a circular motion.
9) All water should be poured into the Chemex by 2:20-2:30***
10) With 30 grams of coffee, total brew time should be between 4:00-4:30
**the extra water accounts for evaporation during heating. Coffee dose can be increased or decreased by locking your water ratio at 1-15
***Increase or decrease your pour speed and pauses to reach this time
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
© 2023 Barefoot Coffee Roasters.